Friday, February 3, 2012

Katie and Dane

Meet Katie and Dane. 



They're probably one of the cutest couples on this planet. I've known Katie since we were in middle school. She is one of the kindest, sweetest, most adventurous people I know. And incredibly beautiful. I remember I used to tell her she belongs in Middle Earth because I think she was supposed to be an elf. 

After all these years, I couldn't have dreamed of anyone better for Katie than Dane. He wears the charm of Bing Crosby and the crooners of the time, while still fueling Katie's need for adventure with one of his own.

But it's when you put them together that they simply radiate. It's not every day that I have a chance to photograph and experience a love like Katie and Dane have for each other. With every glance towards each other there is a connection, a moment when their eyes lock, that I know that all they see is one another. I typically have to do a little coaxing to help couples become comfortable kissing in front of a camera. But not them. In fact, I think when they did, they forgot I was even there!




I was so excited when they mentioned wanted to create a 40's picnic, an homage to the time period that they both love. It was a blast watching them dress up, laugh with each other, and just have a good time. In fact, I feel like I was just watching a typical day for them. Tea, books, sunlight, a just being with each other. They made my job easy!

So I hope you enjoy some of my favorite shots from the day. 
Katie and Dane, you guys are so awesome. I can't wait to see your love for each other grow through your marriage. I know God is going to do incredible things through each of you for each other. Look at what he's already done just bringing you together. You'll touch so many lives! Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of your big day!







“So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!”




“I'll teach you to ride on the wind's back, and away we go!”




“Wendy, Wendy, when you are sleeping in your silly bed you might be flying about with me saying funny things to the stars.” 





She also said she would give him a kiss if he liked, but Peter did not know what she meant, and he held out his hand expectantly.
"Surely you know what a kiss is?" she asked, aghast.
"I shall know when you give it to me," he replied stiffly, and not to hurt his feeling she gave him a thimble.




2 comments:

  1. LeeAnna, these are stunning! I love them! Did they style their own shoot?
    Love it!!!
    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely one of my favorite shoots. They sure did! Dane is actually a photographer as well, so we sat down beforehand and were able to kind of plan out together what they had wanted. And then they went shopping the day before! So much fun.

      Delete

Blog Archive