Friday, January 6, 2012

California Girl

Meet Kate.





Doing a DTS with YWAM gives you some of the greatest friendships on this planet. In fact, they say that after 6 months of living together, traveling together, growing and serving together, it's equal to about a 7 year friendship. When I first heard that, I didn't believe it. 

I was wrong.



I feel like Kate and I have been friends almost our whole lives. Sometimes I can't believe it's only been just over a year since I met her. In fact, she was reminding me of the first day we met. Everyone was very formal, asking about school and family and where we live. And now our conversations consist of the amazing stories that came to pass during DTS.



We've grown together, prayed together, heard Gods voice for each other. We've shared a mosquito net on a tile floor, eaten dog and danced with orphans on Christmas Day in Thailand, and swam in a river in the middle of Cambodia. We've been so hot we thought we were gonna pass out and so cold we thought our toes were about to fall off. We've shouted for justice within the nations of this world and have seen the oppression with our own eyes.



And greatest of all, we've stood in the presence of the King of kings proclaiming the greatness of His majesty together. 

No wonder it seems like longer than a year.



There's something about coming together with someone in likeness of soul and mind. I'm so grateful for the friend that God gave me in Kate Miclean. And I'm even more grateful that He's continuing to build it. I can't wait for the many adventures to come and I can only pray that all in all, we continue to push each other closer and closer to our Father alone.






These are just fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive